Click the image above to view recent photos.
Music with a Purpose
In the first book of the Bible, we read that God created human beings in His own image. One of the evidences of this fact is found in the wonderful ability of man to create. Our music is a reflection of the God who created us.
The music department of UBCS exists to claim the area of music for the glorification of God. How do we strive to do this? By showing students that:
- Music that models and represents Biblical principles of excellence, beauty, and purity are a reflection of a great and majestic Creator.
- Stunning musical performances remind us that musical gifts come from God.
- Excellence should be pursued for God’s glory, not our own.
- Stewardship of musical gifts demands that we use them in service to God and others, not simply for our own self-gratification.
- Sacred music by definition is to be “set apart” and distinct. Music that is generally regarded as common, entertainment-based, and representative of philosophies that are anti-Biblical does not fit the definition of sacred.
Courses and Performing Ensembles
- Music Classes—General Music and Choral Activities
- Elementary Band
- Elementary Handbells
- Junior High Band
- Senior High Band
- Junior High Handbell Choir
- Senior High Handbell Choir
- Junior High Chorus
- Senior High Chorus
- Emissaries—Auditioned vocal ensemble from Senior High Chorus
Private voice, piano, and instrumental lessons are also available. Contact us to find out more.